Pages

December 2, 2010

HeoiYun Jeong: BBong

BBong, acrylic and oil on canvas, 2010


According to Isida Hidemi, in the book The body the aura flowing, a body is a fluid and the mind is inside of the fluid. In the fluid, the aura inheres to the mind and as the aura flows all over the body, the mind also flows all over the body, creating emotions according to its state. In other words, the emotions are expression of the state of the body. What I like to do is imagine that my body transforms to another figure depending on how I feel. I felt empty, for example, after I had a shock. I felt as if there was mud in every wrinkle of my brain, so it was super heavy, and my whole body turned into a bubble except for my legs. In my imagination, my transformed body parts turned into a representation of the body aura. And there is just rest of my meat. Where did the aura go?

No comments:

Post a Comment