Pages

December 2, 2010

James Galloway



Inspired by the writings of Wilhelm Reich as they pertain to orgone energy, as well as the cultural phenomena known as the "invisible ether," I decided to focus my attention on the natural energies of San Francisco. Having lived in India and Bhutan, I was greatly affected by the natural energies of those highly spiritual lands. In a constant state of bliss in Bhutan, I had trouble finding that upon returning to the West. Finding my new home in San Francisco, I have reached that state of happiness. Attributing this happiness to a compatible configuration of ley lines, and inspired by the work of Lowry Burgess, I climbed the summit of Twin Peaks to dowse for energy. Twin Peaks for me is my Mt. Mehru, Mt. Kaliash, or even Mt. Jomolhari; though a small mountain, maybe even a hill to some, Twin Peaks provides the city with its source of life. In response to my dowsing readings, I painted Twin Peaks as a void, surrounded by the swirling energetic ether, made from graphite, a material simulating the magnetic realms of ley lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment