Pages

December 2, 2010

Lacy Davis: Yearn To Touch


With my video installation Yearn to Touch I explore human connection and consequent metamorphosis through physical, emotional, subconscious, unconscious, and spiritual approaches. The work stands as an exposition of multi-leveled communication and energetic transformation. I cast a deep yearning to connect as a metaphor for construction of the self and as a conduit for growth.

Ritual and struggle unites the content and becomes a formal stance: a metaphor for both ritual and release. My piece exists not only as a final product, but also as an opportunity to link myself with another via touch and bodily contact. It acknowledges the body as a tool for non-verbal connection and explores contemporary meaning within various modes of communication.


No comments:

Post a Comment